In 1976 the mission bought property outside of Montevideo and built a camp facility – Camp Emmanuel. Camps for children, teens, and families are held each summer with speakers often coming from the USA. During the rest of the year our various churches use the camp for retreats or as a conference ground. EMU also sponsors several camping programs in other regions of the country.
How You Can Get Involved
Call (864) 268-9267 to Donate Or Contact Us to get Involved
Donations to the Camp Sponsorship Fund are used to either supplement or “pay-in-full” the camper fees for needy children and teens to attend Camp Emmanuel. Over the years hundreds of young people, many who had never been to a Christian camp before, have been able to experience a week of camp and hear the Gospel message for the first time. This Fund also helps pay the camp’s expenses for the counselors, maintenance staff, and kitchen personnel, who are unpaid for their services. For $95, you can sponsor a child, teen, young person, or worker so that they will be able to attend a week of camp. Would you consider sponsoring one or more campers for this camp season? Click here to go to our donation page.
Listed below are the projects to be accomplished at Camp Emmanuel for the October Work Trip. Because of travel restrictions, Rick Jensen will not be taking a team to Uruguay this year. However, there is still a list of projects that need to be accomplished. Henry Castro will be working with Pedro Donzé, the camp director, to accomplish these projects, along with volunteers from several of our Uruguay churches. The projects are:
- New roof for the caretaker’s house – $4,340
- New roof and ceiling for the camp kitchen – $3,494 (Last year the roof of the dining room was replaced.)
- Convert the current kiosko into a cabin room for workers or speakers – $7,680 (The kiosko is where snacks, mementos, and basic toiletry items can be purchased.)
- Construct a new wooden kiosko by the pavilion – $2,300
- Expand the pavilion to make room for more games under a roofed area – $4,789
- Upgrade camp facilities to meet the new government requirements – $710
Because Pedro Donzé had to cancel all the camps from March through December, there is a projected deficit of $8,352 for 2020. So, we would like to raise this amount, too.
Click here to go to our Camp Emmanuel donations page.